USA Cycling has sent out periodic updates on the status of 2020 national championship events since the global COVID-19 pandemic began affecting race calendars. In the latest update, USAC announced the cancelation of several national championships that had previously been rescheduled.
The canceled national championships include:
- Pro Road National Championships
- Amateur Road National Championships
- Masters Road National Championships
- Gran Fondo National Championships
- Mountain Bike National Championships
- Elite and Junior Track National Championships
- Masters Track National Championships
National championships that remain on the schedule are as follows:
- Collegiate Track National Championships (Sept. 10-13)
- Freestyle BMX National Championships (TBA)
- Collegiate Mountain Bike National Championship (Oct 15-18)
- Marathon MTB National Championships (Nov 14. [rescheduled from Sept 12])
- Cyclocross National Championship (Dec 8-13)
USA Cycling’s next update is scheduled for July 31. At that time, a final decision will be made for Collegiate Track. The final decision date for Marathon MTB is Sept. 1 and the final decision date for Cyclocross Nationals is Sept. 15. No final decision date has been set for Freestyle BMX or Collegiate MTB.