Hyattsville CX took place October 11, 2009, at Magruder Park in Hyattsville, Maryland. The course featured fast power stretches joined together by technical bits and off-camber turns. Big engines could gap the competition on the straights, those with exceptional skills could catch back up in the technical sections. We caught up with podium finishers to see how they tackled the day. Continue reading “Hyattsville CX: Podium Interviews”
2. What was the best/worst part of the course? LINDSAY BAYER (1st Place Women Cat3/4): The best part was the … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: The Good, The Bad … That Brick Wall
4. Pre-race ritual, warm-up, food, etc.? NOAH BELL: Eat breakfast, ride the course a few times, eat lunch after race. … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: The Voodoo That You Do
5. What is something you saw a newbie do that made you think “I really need to have a friendly … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: Help A Brother Out …
6. Are you sandbagging? If not, defend yourself. [If you didn’t finish first, was the winner sandbagging???] LINDSAY BAYER: I … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: For Real, This Is My First Cross Race Ever …
7. Are you racing next week? What will you do differently, what will you try to repeat? CJ CONGROVE: Yep, … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: Keep It Rolling …
8. Do you have a coach? NOAH BELL: My dad. STEVE FIFE: No. I’ve always “coached” myself. JULIE KULIECZA: Yes, … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: In Your Ear
9. Is CX your main focus? GUNNAR SHOGREN: No, racing bikes is my main focus. LINDSAY BAYER: Not a chance. … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: All In Or Just For Fun.
10. Got a training/racing/life/stock tip you would like to share? KENNETH MORRIS: I have several injuries from a car accident … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: What’s Your Secret?
11. Other than race, what do you do? JULIE KULIECZA: huh? STEVE FIFE: Hang out with friends and family. LINDSAY … Continue reading Urban Cross 2008: So, What Do You Do?