DCCX, the undisputed queen of the MABRAcross series, went off Sunday, October 24, at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in … Continue reading DCCX Interview With Steevo
Jared Nieters (Haymarket Bicycles/HomeVisit) has a robot obsession. In a nod to this life-long theme, we have coined Jared’s interview … Continue reading Interview-a-Tron: 002
With the beginning of the season right around the corner I have decided it was time for ‘In The Crosshairs’ to do its first ever clip show. So pretend we have just accidentally locked ourselves in the cellar and are spending the time reminiscing about last season until somebody realizes we are missing. We are going to start the flashback sequence with some advice for the newbies. A standard interview question asked on this site concerns missteps of the new cyclocross racer. Here’s a look back at the knowledge handed down from podium finishers.
What is something you saw a newbie do that made you think “I really need to have a friendly word with that guy.” This could have been in a race or in the parking lot or waiting in line to register, etc.
STEVE FIFE: I see people roll to the start line cold all the time, and think it would really be helpful for them to know the benefit of a good warm up.
JULIE KULIECZA: I think I am still a newbie so if someone sees me doing something dumb please tell me. Pumping tires up to more than 50 psi. I did say something and they thanked me.
LINDSAY BAYER: I AM that newbie. People are always kindly pointing things out like, “Your number is on backwards,” or “You’re on the wrong type of bicycle” or “You should lay off the brakes in those turns.”
NOAH BELL: A guy ran through a ridable sand pit every lap and on the last lap a guy rode past him and he lost a podium spot.
CJ CONGROVE: I am a noob. I didn’t wear my kit to the podium. Maybe someone needs to have a word with me. Continue reading “The Clip Show (Part I)”
1. What was the best part of the course? What was the worst? WESTON SCHEMPF (Elite Men 1st Place): The … Continue reading Tacchino Ciclocross 2008: Let’s Reconnoiter
2. Pre-race ritual, warm-up, food, etc.? STEPHEN CUMMINGS: Amazing espresso from our hosts’ Super Automatic machine. Bagels with peanut butter … Continue reading Tacchino Ciclocross 2008: Where Are My Lucky Socks?
3. Did you overdress, underdress or get it just right? STEPHEN CUMMINGS: I think I did it right. Long-fingered gloves, … Continue reading Tacchino Ciclocross 2008: Dressing For Success
4. Describe your winning (or losing) move. WESTON SCHEMPF: After a not so great start I knew I wanted to … Continue reading Tacchino Ciclocross 2008: Sealing The Deal
5. Did you win a suitcase of sausage? [Ed. Note: I realize that this was a mid- pack preme, which … Continue reading Tacchino Ciclocross 2008: It’s A Suitcase … Filled With Sausage
6. What is something you saw a newbie do that made you think “I really need to have a friendly … Continue reading Tacchino Ciclocross 2008: Far Be It For Me To …
7. Are you sandbagging? If not, defend yourself. STEPHEN CUMMINGS: I am reverse sandbagging in that I should probably be … Continue reading Tacchino Cross 2008: Your Witness …